Day 6-Zero Day Shenanigans

March 24-Day 6

Well, Primo decided, due to the nastiness of the weather today (rain and thunderstorming), to take a zero as well. That makes our two night stay at Blood Mountain Cabins $48 each ($24/night). Not bad for a nice cabin!

Primo even brought our skanky clothes up to the office to be laundered and returned to us (which he did as well). Since it was really pissing down rain, I called up to the office and asked if someone could drive us up to the outfitter to get our resupply. They said yes, and not only did Missy drive us up, but she waited for us to finish, and then drove us back! So nice!

Now we are resupplied until Hiawassee, which is 3 1/2 days away. So far, I don’t have anything I want to mail home, but I did pick up another pair of underwear (yeah, 2 pair of underwear does not leave one for when you get to town), and a 2 foot section of Tyvek (to use as a ground cover under my vestibule).

We are sitting in the office/store having some lunch. It’s a cozy place. 




Probably will go another 3 to 4 days before WiFi, or enough service to upload a post. I didn’t plan to do a post every day, but at this point it is seeming to work out that way...

Comments

  1. Looks like fun and you're making friends! You may find the daily postings therapeutic at this point, but it's okay with us if you get tired of it and want to pass occasionally. We will forgive you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 158-Safety First

Day 159-My Exit Plan is Set...Mostly

Day 160-The Last Post of My AT Three 20s Hike