Day 7-A Wolf, and a Barnyard

March 25-Day 7 One week on the trail!

We enjoyed our zero immensely, but it was time to get back on the trail. Sure Foot and I left ahead of Primo at about 8:00. We first had to walk the .3 back up to Mountain Crossings. At the outfitter, I nabbed some ziplock bags from the hiker box, and also bought another 4 snacks. 

The trail goes through the breezeway of the building. 

See the white blaze?

Although the weather was going to be nice, it was pretty breezy and chilly heading out of Neel Gap. The first climb was to Wolf Laurel Top. I actually blew past it. 

Next up was Cowrock. There were some very nice views!

But no cows. 



But Flat Will!

Just on the other side of the mountain, there were even better views!

See the rock across the way? We were eventually over there. 

We stopped for lunch at Tesentee Gap, then had to climb up again. It was .9 to Hogpen Gap. Got water, then crossed the road and found Trail Magic courtesy of Roy. He was giving out bananas and oranges. That banana was the best banana ever!

Roy said I could take his picture, but it might break my camera!

From Hogpen we had 4.4 miles to go. It was a rollercoaster with the final climb being up to Sheep Rock. 

Just below Sheep Rock

Coming down to Low Gap Shelter, I could see Sure Foot, Primo, and Brian already there. Since I got here at 4:30, about 15 more people have come in. All the regulars from Gooch Mtn plus a few others. 

One week in, and this was our longest day so far at 11.5 miles. Pretty tired, but not terrible. 

Just a few of the tents. I’m the one blue to the left. 

Pretty little flower!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 158-Safety First

Day 159-My Exit Plan is Set...Mostly

Day 160-The Last Post of My AT Three 20s Hike