Day 39-Zero Day at The Station at 19E

April 26-0 miles 

We did it again. We managed to take a zero on a day when the weather was crappy. So nice to be inside on a cold rainy day. 

We had a huge breakfast of pancakes, potatoes, biscuits and gravy (which SF has never had), scrambled eggs, a banana, and hot chocolate. I can’t believe I ate the whole thing!

We went over the next few days, and planned our resupply. SF only needed a couple things. I needed a few more. I got a new freeze dried meal to replace the bag I use for insulation for my dinners. We are aiming to do a big day tomorrow, maybe as much as 16.7 miles. The trail is supposed to be fairly easy to Hampton, and our next hostel...Boots Off. 

I had a long conversation about bike touring with Freefall, a guy who has been working here while waiting out the virus. He started Feb 29th. He has my email, and can contact me with any questions. First he has to finish his thru-hike. 

I forgot to mention last night the cider I had, and the beer SF had were paid for through a program that Dave, the owner of The Station at 19E, started to allow people the opportunity to do trail magic from their home. I think it’s called Trail Magic From Your Desk. It’s on The Station at 19E’s website. Dave gave me the email of the guy who paid for our drinks, and I was able to email him personally, and thank him. Pretty cool program. 

As awesome as this place is, SF and I are ready to get back to hiking tomorrow. We’ve had a restful zero, but the trail calls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 158-Safety First

Day 159-My Exit Plan is Set...Mostly

Day 160-The Last Post of My AT Three 20s Hike