Day 68-No Views Today, but Good Food and a Campground Stay

May 25-9.7 miles-Bobblets Gap Shelter to Middle Creek Campground- AT mile 758.5

Happy Memorial Day! As long as yesterday’s hike was, today’s was nearly half as long. Since it was completely socked in, the destination was the goal. Still, we crossed the BRP twice at overlooks. Here were the views. 



There “otter” been a view here...



Yep, no view here either. 

We hoofed it down the trail pretty quickly (by quickly, I mean I was the slowest, and Dusty and Sure Foot went quickly). I did get a few photos here and there. 

Third crossing of the Parkway. 

Rhodies in the fog

Another one of my little friends...

We popped out on VA 614 about 11:00. Dusty had already called to have the campground shuttle come pick us up. The gal arrived in a pickup. We piled in the back with our packs for the 5 minute drive to Middle Creek Campground. 



Hang on!

First thing we did when we got here was get some food. They served breakfast all day, so I had French toast and bacon. Dusty had a black bean burger, and Sure Foot had a bacon burger. 




Next, we set up our tents near the creek, and took showers. 

Dusty’s tent is right behind mine, and Sure Foot’s is behind Dusty’s. 

Not too much later, Music Man, Fantastic, Green Bean, Chili, and Blueberry arrived. Siddartha was here when we got here, but headed back out on the trail. He just came for some food. 

They have a decent resupply here, and we only needed a few items to get us to Glasgow in two days. Forward messaged me saying she was heading out. She is actually going to get here late tonight. We’ll see her in the morning though. 

It’s been a pretty lazy afternoon, even for the dogs. 



I call these two Ebony and Ivory. 

There were these butterflies that were so cool. 

I did a slo-mo video of them. 

We had one more meal before they closed the grill. The eight of us ate together. 

Music Man, Chili, Green Bean, Sure Foot and me (Blueberry, Fantastic, and Dusty were on the other side of me). 

This is a great place, and I’m glad we did the short day to get here. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 158-Safety First

Day 159-My Exit Plan is Set...Mostly

Day 160-The Last Post of My AT Three 20s Hike