Day 99-Avoiding the Beaver Dam

June 25-15.2 miles-campsite to campsite-AT mile 1182.2

Today was not an exciting day...no views to speak of, more rocks (but not the kind we have to climb), and a fair amount of mud. 

A bit of trail magic just after crossing a road, but nothing I needed or wanted. 

Rocks going up

Using rocks to make bridges (plenty of rocks to go around in PA).

At one point, I came to a campsite. Around the fire ring were seats made from rocks. Well...even though it was a bit early, I just had to take advantage!

It was hard to leave this wonderful chair!

Sure Foot enjoying a chair too. 

Just after lunch, we had to take an alternate route to avoid a beaver dam that has flooded the trail. This has been the case since 2018. I don’t know why they don’t just reroute the trail permanently. 

We walked along this bike path, then up a forest road back to the trail. 

We went up and over a small mountain. We were aiming for a campsite that was near water. We found the water. It wasn’t a very strong flow, but we were able to get enough. While I was waiting to get water, I saw one of my little orange friends. 

Haven’t seen one of these for a long time!

A couple more tenths down the trail, and there was a campsite suitable for our three tents. We did 15.2 miles, and my feet feel like it, but it was a bit of a boring day. 

Oh, and by today’s calculations, we are up to 11.9 miles per day average (without the Smokies, of course)!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 158-Safety First

Day 159-My Exit Plan is Set...Mostly

Day 160-The Last Post of My AT Three 20s Hike