Day 136-RICE

Aug 1-zero in Bennington 

I was a good girl today. I Rested, Iced, Compressed, and Elevated my knee for most of the day. We did take a little walk to lunch, but that was to try out the knee support sleeves, and the new insoles (and to eat lunch too, of course). Some of the swelling seems to have diminished. I think I’ll be okay when I’m walking with my poles. 

I slept in until 7:30! Even Sure Foot was still sleeping (he usually is awake around 5:00, even when we are in a hotel)! We didn’t do much until lunch. Here’s a few photos of Bennington I took on our way to lunch. 

Of course, Bennington is the county seat of Bennington County. 



They have several of these painted mountain lions around town. This one was called “Catitude”.

We also ordered dinner (salads) to go. Back at the motel, I resumed icing and elevating my knee. I finished a book, slept a bit, and that’s about all for today. We will shuttle back to the trail tomorrow morning at 8:15. We would prefer to get an earlier start, but that’s as early as the motel owner will shuttle. Oh well, I guess I’ll get to sleep in some tomorrow too. 

Comments

  1. Let's hope those rested knees can keep it up. You needed this day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 158-Safety First

Day 159-My Exit Plan is Set...Mostly

Day 160-The Last Post of My AT Three 20s Hike