Day 152-My Southbound Direction Has Come to an End

Aug17-9.8 miles-Three Mike Road to Norwich

Jane shuttled me again today back to Three Mile Rd. This was my last southbound hike. Tomorrow I go northbound (my pack will be delivered to The Notch Hostel). I’ve heard Frosty, the owner of Hanover Adventure Tours/Norwich Hostel, will be driving me to Kinsman Notch tomorrow morning. I will enjoy that, as he is very interesting to talk to. However, I will be sad to leave here. I’ve met all the staff (except Evan, the new guy, that started today). This morning, Jane said they will miss me too. This afternoon, when I was walking back into Norwich, Frank pulled over with another hiker, and picked me up. He said he had seen me going across the bridge, and said, “That’s my hiker!” 

Jane and me!

As for today’s hike, it was pretty short. There was still a variety, but no real big climbs. 









Velvet Rocks (it’s so dry there is no moss on the rocks). 

Before I knew it, I was walking into Hanover. 

Popped out of the woods at a Dartmouth Athletic field. 

I had about a 2 mile road walk. I stopped at CVS and got some different knee braces (so far, so good). I walked the rest of the way to the bridge over the Connecticut River, and finally got the VT/NH border photos. 

Coming down to the bridge. 

Connecticut River 



I had to be really careful taking the photos of LB and Flat Will. One slip, and they would have fallen through the bridge, and into the river!


Although I will be sleeping one last night in Vermont, I am officially done with Vermont. Walking into Norwich, connected my steps from where we got off the trail to the hostel. 

I think this opportunity to get miles done without my pack has saved my hike. My knees are not great, but I do think they might be a little better. Of course, I won’t know if they seem better just because I don’t have my pack on, or if they have truly improved. We’ll see...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 158-Safety First

Day 159-My Exit Plan is Set...Mostly

Day 160-The Last Post of My AT Three 20s Hike